Friday, September 30, 2016

Life Changes.



    Overtime we experiences life changes that ultimately change the way we view life.  Nearly eight years ago, I found out that my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. The way I found out was by being your typical nosy preteen who loves to go through their mother's closet. There it was clear as day, a bright pink pamphlet with those twelve letters in plain slight; my eyes filled with tears as my mouth went completely dry as my mind tried to process of what I have found. That was the moment when I truly realized that we won't be on this planet forever, there will be a time when your mother's voice will become a faint memory and the taste of vanilla ice cream will no longer be on the tip of your tongue. "Nothing lasts forever " a saying you always hear. As a child you always hear these things ,but its not until you truly experience something to truly know that this little saying is indeed true. It took me a while to truly process that one day my mother wouldn't be here and my first instance was to cry ,but it also made it start to question life as a whole. 
   Out of all the mother's in the world, why mine? What made my mother so rare that this happened to her? These questions taunted me for the rest of the year and even after her last radiation treatment and although she go the green light saying that she was in the clear. I still wondered what was the purpose of this event? Not longer after I found myself and the rest of my family being tossed into a new environment. My mother moved us from our family home in Boston to Orlando to be reunited with my brother and my father. Although things didn't go how she planned out a few things did actually come out the move. One, I actually ended up meeting a great group of friends and although I do not still live in Florida anymore; I can honestly says I meet a few of the best and talented people and I'm truly grateful for that.
    Also my thought on love truly got a meaning and I know what your thinking, what lucky guy caught my eye. The lucky guy was my nephew Jayden. His birth completely changed me and my family's lives. He truly a give a gift from above. In a way, he was my new hope. He honestly gave us a new view on life and reminds us that good things also happen. With the good and the bad, he is a remind that there is good left in the world and not to linger on to the negative. I can honestly say I love that little boy with everything in me and he is the reason why I still believe in miracles and that the world isn't fully bad.
 Over the past twenty years of my life, I learned that life will always throw you in situations when you least expected it. Life is full will surprises and you have to roll with the punches even if you don't want to. You're just going to have to deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment