Friday, October 7, 2016

Blessing In Disguise

       Nearly eight years, I forced to moved from my childhood home to the sunshine states. My first reaction was complete denial. At thirteen, this would be the first time I moved in my life. I remember the exact moment when my mother told me and the faint chuckle slip from my lips as I stared at her and siblings in complete shock. She was taking me from my home and throwing completely out of my comfort zone and I was completely terrified.
 
            As soon as we got there, there was a completely cultural shock. I was completely out of my comfort zone and my first thought was that I simply wanted to go home. My first day at my new school, I felt like an rainbow fish in a sea of goldfish. Everyone knew each other for years then there was me, the new girl. I was so use to being someone's little sister and starting school with my friends being in a new state and new school make me so nervous that I felt like I was going to pass out. My first day was so weird to me, I remember being completely nervous and scared that I would be siting by my seat in bathroom during lunch because I wouldn't know anyone. I missed my old friends so much and I remember texting my sister and telling her I wished that she was here with me.

    I remember taking a deep breathe and going to my computer class. As soon as I walked all eyes went on me and I froze. I absolutely hate when all eyes on me. I sighed to myself as the teacher directed me to my seat. As soon as I sat down I remember getting a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around quickly. " I love your shoe" A dark skinned girl with a bright white smile said. I smiled back as I said thank you. " I'm Cynthia by the way." I smiled again as I answered back with mine. I chuckle to myself now because weirdly Cynthia has became to one of my closest friends until this day and we met on my first day of my middle school. It is so strange how things works out and how sometimes things happen when you lease expected it. My move to Florida from Boston was scaring , but by doing it I have gained a lot of amazing friends and I am truly grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment